Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

So yesturday was not super fun. It all started with this brilliant idea that although we were tired (we stayed up till 1 am the night before), I (starli) was going to wake up with mike (6 am) and stay awake so that we would both be really tired that night and start to get on a better sleeping schedule for school (starts tomorrow-whoa). So Mike leaves for work and I start the days errands. I go to the doctors and get some meds for this cold that will never go away and find out I have gained 3 pounds since the last time I weighed myself around June. :( Around 2 pm I decided to start the crock pot for dinner, I pulled out one the recipes we had bought stuff for and started to load up the crock pot. Lesson#1 READ the entire recipe before you start it. I put in the roast which was the last step and than read the line for how long it was supposed to cook....ummm 8-10 hrs. Which meant dinner would be around 1 am :(. I called mike and we decided we would just start it and have it tomorrow. So I decided to make chili and into starting the water to boil realized I was missing an ingredient. By this time mike was off work and I was more than happy to hear his voice. He said he would run to the store on the way home and get the stuff. When he got here before starting to cook we ran up the post office to get our new key and right when we got there we realized we had forgot our apt contract which was essential. So getting frustrated we went back to the apt to cook dinner, i put the pan back on the unit to boil the water and because we were both so tired thought it was a brilliant plan to take a quick nap. Lesson #2: DO NOT nap when waiting for water to boil. So yeah, we fell asleep and about an hour and half later we awoke to a brand new pan just burning on the unit. I was tired, and already a little overwhelmed with the idea of school starting in 2 days and this just threw me head first over a "life is too much sometimes" edge. I started to get silent and tear and mike just was like super confused and really trying to be super supportive but had no idea what to do with this new little wife who was breaking down. We ended up getting pizza and going to play rock band with Tom and Julie which lightened things up and later just talked about how today was just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day....and it was behind us. Oh and that night we went on this cute walk and kissed on this little hill in the sprinklers. :)
P.S. so I dont forget 2 days ago mike did the CUTEST thing, we had just got home with groceries and he stopped me at the door and carried me over the threshold (into our new apt). He said he was so scared he was going to nail my head into the door :) :) Man I feel so lucky to have such a great man by my side.
Well hope all it going well. Here are a few pics of our new little apt. We LOVE it and really feel like its home.

No comments: